Sunday, October 6, 2013

Only a Week, but an Important one.

Before I go to sleep, I want to share with you what's on my mind.

Today in a week, Nick has to go on a business trip. I don't know if you can fully understand what this means, but let me just say this: 
sadness, lack of sleep, counting down hours (minutes), excessive working, unhealthy amounts of cleaning, lots of candy, probably screw-cap wine. 

These words pretty much sum it up. 
When I was in Baltimore, I had my bff living close by, stayed with friends, was in the time that is 6hrs later (which is the "easier side" to be on, I think - now, at least), and had lots of appointments scheduled to keep me busy.
This time around, there is no bff here, who is listening to my whining, no friends and happy 2year olds to distract me, no appointments scheduled, just a paper on my own time management.

The only thing I am looking forward to is that one of my brothers happens to take a week-long course in Berlin and he will be staying with me for the first half that Nick is gone. So during the first six nights, I won't be by myself and will be forced to limit the loud scrubbing of the tub or washing every piece of clothing in the apartment to daytime hours. 
(Batta, I hope you are prepared for this mess.)

Other than that, Lucy will have to keep me company, cheer me up, cook for me (occasionally), and convince me that time will go by faster if I take a shower and act like an adult.

However, we still have one full week until all of this is going down - and it is an important week.

It is hard to believe, but this week, it has been four years that we have been married.

Words can't describe the happiness that has entered my life the day that I met Nick and being his wife makes me so incredibly grateful and proud. Furthermore, the wonderful life we get to share also puts things into perspective. While I sit here and hate every second that he is gone, I also know not to take the days that we get to be together for granted. 

So this week, we will celebrate and enjoy every moment we get to spend together and I know that when he gets back - it will be just perfect. If that is nothing to look forward to and to be excited about, I don't know what is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment