Saturday, October 5, 2013

Have you ever heard of anything like this?

I am home. Trust me, in my opinion, there is nothing that compares to coming home. It is the greatest feeling to be welcomed with open arms by your favorite person in the world and finally be back where you belong. A feeling that I hope everyone gets to experience when coming home from a trip.

Nick did not only surprise me at the airport - with my parents, who have already done this the second time! - he had cleaned our apartment, stocked the fridge with my favorite foods (he even got the best kind of müsli, quark, and yoghurt!), and he bought these gorgeous flowers for me!





Aren't those pretty?! I absolutely love those colors. 
At home, Nick had rolls, cake, and coffee and everything else prepared for a big German brunch. I was so incredibly happy he did, because I was starving - plus, I couldn't wait any longer to have some good rolls and bread.

Those pink flowers were not the only ones I got. My mom brought this beautiful bouquet for me.


Have you ever heard of a anything remotely as loving and wonderful as the welcome I received??! It definitely blew me away. 

Around dinner time, Nick and I went for a long walk in the cold and breezy Berlin fall weather. We then decided to go back to an Indian restaurant where we had been for our very first eating-out experience in Berlin. We had the best time and SO MUCH food! Nick had the Butter Chicken and I ordered the Tandoori Chicken, which was humungous. Nick had to help me and we still couldn't finish my dish. (You know what this means: tasty leftovers in our fridge, easy cooking for me!) 
Unfortunately, it took about 2 hrs for us to finally get the check to be able to pay, but that still didn't take away from the terrific night. I wish I had pictures to show you from the wonderful food we had, but I left my phone at home. So you will just have to trust my word or just come with us next time we go :o)

... and Lucy. Of course, she is so incredibly thrilled that I am finally home again... She can barely control herself... At least that's what I would like to believe. 

"Did you bring food? No?!?!
Please go. I have to be sad now."



No comments:

Post a Comment