Tuesday, April 8, 2014

We bring sickness and hair!

I've been sick.
Since the Half on the 30th, I could already feel it coming. Nick had it first and then I followed his lead one day after.

I am certain that my family was thrilled to have us there while I coughed all day and was an overall useless guest. Not that I'm particularly useful on otherwise, but I took it to a new level this time. On top of it, Lucy is currently shedding like there is no tomorrow and managed to leave at least half of her coat on my parents' kitchen floor, living room floor, dining room floor, hallway floor... it was just everywhere. Gotta love having us as guests! We bring sickness and hair.

Source.

I called the doctor today and they told me their office is packed with coughing people. So I stayed home. Who wants to go sit in all that mess?!

I've been working on my (next) overdue paper and wrote the first sentence today. One sentence. This is going to be awesome. I can feel it already.

Source.

As far as running is concerned, I took 3 rest days after the Half, due to unbearable soreness in my legs. Seriously people, that was just out of control.  Then I planned to do 3 miles on Thursday, did 5, and haven't run since, because I've just been sick and gross. I am hoping to be back in my running shoes by the weekend, but we will see. At this point, I'm just glad I didn't get sick earlier.

And what do you do when you can't run? - You sign up for a race :o)
Yesterday, I registered for a 10k on May 10. It is the annual Womens' Run and the route goes from from the Brandenburg gate to the Siegessäule and then in loops through the beautiful big park that I've been running in for my long runs. It will be terrific!

Source.




No comments:

Post a Comment