Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Looking back (at many, many pictures)

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you had a terrific night and a great start into 2014!?

Before I share with you how we spent our "Sylvester" (New Years Eve), today, I want to look back at the wonderful, exciting, happy, surprising, and overall amazing past 12 months.

January: 

View from our bedroom window in Baltimore on January 25, 2013.

In January 2013, we still lived in Baltimore and had just gotten back from our first trip to Germany together. On January 25, we were expecting a blizzard… and got a dusting and a snow day! 

February: 

Not that I know anything about football...

In February, the Baltimore Ravens won the SuperBowl - and even the newspapers at my German home town were filled with pictures of the big celebration. 

March:

March 23, 2013

In March, Lucy and I did a lot of running together, until she told me that 2 miles are the longest that she wants to run next to me on a leash. 

April: 


April 2013 was the month when we really started our preparation for the big move. This picture was taken on April 27, the day when Lucy moved into her new "travel home". It was also the day when she and Mr Pig became friends.

May:


May was probably the most life changing month in 2013. When Nick dropped us off at JFK airport, all three of us were quite anxious and excited at the same time. 


On May 27, the day after Nick landed in Berlin, we were already enjoying our new favorite spot to have coffee outside on the balcony. 

June: 

June 19, 2013

Lots of exciting things happened in June 2013! Obama came to visit Berlin (on what was probably the hottest day of the summer)…


June 22, 2013

…we stumbled upon the greatest selection of Haribo Candy at the Christopher Street Day - and the weirdest photo bomb happened. 

June 29, 2013

My parents spent their wedding anniversary week near Berlin...

June 29, 2013

… and Nick had his first breakfast egg!

July

July 20, 2013

I cut my hair off!

July 22, 2013

A picture from my last run before the injury. 


July 22, 2013

One of the best breakfasts I have ever had! (Yes, this deserves an extra mentioning and picture.)

August


August 1, 2013
 I officially crumbled my tibia bone.


August 17, 2013
At the music-beer-garden up the road from us. 

One of many happy date nights in August!

September: 

September was awesome for many reasons! On the 4th of this month, I was able to celebrate Mama's birthday with her for the first time in 6 years!

Just a day later, my nephew was born!! I still haven't met him, but I am hoping to see him in just a few months.


September 13, 2013

Right before flying to Baltimore in September, I had a root canal done. Good times. 

8 hours next to the lavatory on a plane with 200plus people. 

Worst seat on a plane that I've ever had was on the flight on September 18, 2013. 


October: 


Flowers waiting form me on October 3, when I got back.





Anniversary breakfast for us! We went to the restaurant in the most famous department store in Germany. If you are ever in Berlin, please go to the KaDeWe!





Awesome discovery later that day: I can dry our laundry 2 blocks down from our house! Just a little carrying and we have dry laundry within minutes!




Anniversary dinner with wine and dessert!



October 13, 2013

Nick left for the U.S. and some sad and lonely times began.

November: 




Mama came to keep me company for a few days.



November 15, 2013
A couple of days in Dresden together once Nick got back!





 We even walked up the famous Frauenkirche. (The second German church we climbed.)




Our first (and early) Christmas gift this year: a handmade nativity from my parents!




Once the Christmas markets opened, Nick and I went to as many as possible. This was our first trip and our favorite one for 2013, the Gendarmenmarkt Christmas market.


December: 

December 22, 2013
The day we left for the holiday celebrations was also the day that we finally lit the fourth and last candle on our Advent-Candle-Tree.


December 30, 2013
A day in Cologne after Christmas!


December 30, 2013

Last Döner/ Lamachun of the year!



December 31, 2013

New Years celebration in front of the main train station in Berlin!


No comments:

Post a Comment